Mentors are the glue that bind the Youth Futures program together, providing one-on-one wrap-around guidance for participants, from the first day of Leadership Training, to the last day of Employment.
All mentors are University of Ottawa students, in various years and programs of study, and many of our mentors are returning Youth Futures graduates!
General responsibilities of a mentor include:
- Ensuring their youth attend program dates.
- Address any concerns or questions they might have.
- Encouraging youth to set learning objectives, and to help them recall and apply their training.
- Acting as a liaison with the employers of their youth during their summer placements.
- Help coordinate program events.
If you are currently in post-secondary, and are interested in becoming a mentor, please contact Ayane Bouh at firstname.lastname@example.org.